Camp Capper - Spectacular

Following Capper's proclamation that I was 'up there' as a houseguest, I feel it safe to admit that he is definitely 'up there' as a host. A very good summary of the surrounding area was provided on my arrival, before being shuttled along to some kind of MTV beach party type event. Helpful tips about prepaid buses. Access to his surfboard. Really couldn't want for more, except advance warning of the 10% credit card charge on taxis. He even plans your days for you, and for Friday he'd suggested Watson Bay. As the beautiful weather had made Bondi beach too busy for amateurish surfing, I was resigned to following his plan. Luckily I'd paid attention to his explanation the previous evening. Although it wouldn't have mattered as he'd also handdrawn a map



It soon became clear I wasn't going to be able to run it as there was just too much stopping for photos and to take it all in. Unfortunately I only had my iPhone with it's crappy little camera, so I'm sure the photos don't to it justice, but here's a selection. Start point - Bondi Beach


Sydney Harbour Bridge in distance from playground on Page Dudley Reserve.


Views from Cliffside Walk























Entrance to the harbour


Watson's bay, in the harbour





Now Capper's day also involved a ferry across to Circular Quay, past the Opera House, and taking in views of the bridge. However by this point I had clearly had enough sun, especially with an evening down at the beach planned, so I made like a local


Cheers Capper. Blogpost done entirely on my iPhone!

Comments

  1. Presume you'll be heading to Palm Bay to meet up with your gentleman friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did cross my mind. He's probably moved on though and it might be awkward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts