Ya yee Sam say mmm

Well today we definitely got a bit conked by the jetlag. I couldn't rouse LC until midday. To be fair, I should probably mention that I didn't wake until 11. But she did seriously delay our plans. So we (finally) headed off for Stanley beach and Murray House. Amazing bus journey. Pictures won't do it justice but I've never seen so many high rise residential blocks. Stanley was nice, if a bit touristy, and we had a good fish chips lunch there. We headed back and next got the ferry to Lamma Island. Lamma was a real strange place. But it was actually the first time I felt like I was properly abroad somewhere different. It definitely didn't feel like I was a 30min ferry ride from a a major financial centre. Anyway, the main must do at Lamma is sitting down at one of the restaurants and having some fish. LC's a big seafood fan, so we sat down at one of the restaurants and she ordered ... pork chops. It was a real yummy meal though. We may have been on the island slightly later than was the norm tho. Slight mixup at the ferry terminal which only LC can do justice in explaining, and we had an extra hour to kill. We got lucky and found some rugby. Has Six Nations started already? Pick of the seats on the ferry though, from where I type this. 10pm now and we might be on our way to the party district. Or we might not. We're up at 5am tomorrow to fly 'nam.

Comments

Popular Posts