HCMC

Our comfort blanket that was the 150 years of British influence in Hong Kong has been rudely stripped away today. It's hot, sticky and all hell has broken loose. We've reached Saigon. Not before checking out the famous Lan Kwai Fong district of Hong Kong. Bloody good for a Monday night. Big beers, live bands and top DJs. DJ bought us a shot in the last place cos he could tell we were digging the music. Unfortunately had to rudely leave straight after to catch the last tube at 1. We got a special mention by the station announcer as we dithered over our tickets as the last few seconds ticked away. I couldn't sleep and we had to be up at 5 for flight, but I'm still alive, and I've kind of written too much without even starting on Saigon. So far it's everything everyone said. Motorbike madness that I haven't managed to capture adequately on film. Bit of sightseeing today, so mostly boring photos. I've put one in. Had to wake LC up after she'd checked it on the camera LCD. Loving the food. Off to Cu Chi Tunnels tomorrow.

Comments

  1. You should have seen DBN's little face light up when I told him he was namechecked in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts