Pips highlights

OMG they love the baby here! I have no still photo evidence but will get some. Security loved the joke at ferry terminal where I pretended to put RM through scanner. Good ice-breaker I will continue to use with security bods around the world I think. 

Everyone thinks RM's a boy! Even when she's maxed out in pink. Some try to be polite and ask 'is he a boy or a girl?'. Nice try but fooling no one. I kind of get it. 


So I don't want to go on too much about the beach


Or the pool


Cos we have done some other stuff as well. 

First up I got hustled by LC. She racked the balls like this


And then beat me. I think it was the flaming cue. The fact she'd brought it with her from UK should have been a warning for me. 


Someone suggested that Lea looked a little 'boyish' in this photo and maybe this was where RM gets it from. I quickly put them in their place. 

RM also got dunked for the first time, and we upgraded our room for the ocean view. Budgeting put on hold for now. 

We tried stand up paddle boarding for the first time. I lost my sunglasses at sea and only realized 20 minutes later. Then I found them on the sea bed. What are the chances! Gives you an idea how clear the water is though. It was also around this time that my iPhone got full, so this post is already becoming very dry. 

But we did also do a tour of Bohol sights, where the ex-tour guide we'd been promised turned out to speak no English. It was only when I got back and started wikipeding that we discovered it was a MAHOGANY forest not a 'man made' forest. 

Chocolate Hills 


Butterfly Garden



Tarsier (arguably the worlds smallest primate thanks Wikipedia)


Bamboo swinging bridge


And the highlight (no explanation needed)


I was also unable to communicate to him that Rod Stewart's 'Sailing' appeared to be on repeat. To be honest the highlight was getting the guy to drive us to town so we could have more of the amazing ice-cream in Alona. 


We only discovered the real Alona on our last night (our 3rd visit to the town). We'd missed the main part. It's really good. Go if you're ever in the area!

Lea still wanted some coconut juice when we got home. Quickly sorted that for her. 



Back in Cebu now. 

Comments

Popular Posts