Monkeying about

What a lovely day we had at the zoo.  Second best zoo in the world, behind (as everyone seems to know) San Diego.  We did wonder what makes a zoo second best in the world.  And who decides these things.  Which also got us wondering who decided that 2009 was the year of the Gorilla.  I looked that one up.  Apparently because several organizations have banded together to focus on saving gorilla populations in the wild and their habitats.  If you wish to know more, visit http://www.yog2009.org/.  No need to thank me.  Anyway, everyone always loves other people's zoo photos, so here they are!



However, the undoubted highlight of the day (well, just behind the soy latte), was a bit of inpromptu street magic (see how the crowd behind are drawn to the amazing spectacle).....


From Videos


DBN (the mage) also gave us an exlusive insight into the first steps of practising a new trick....


From Videos


Now, he's promised that he will perfect and perform this trick if I get 50 followers on my blog.  He's clearly sitting at home confidently doing nothing, such is his faith in my ability to fail to do this.  We can't let him get away with this!  Having discovered that I can't follow my own blog 50 times, I call on all you readers to become a follower.  Go on.  You know you want to see it.  I won't blog often.  You'll hardly even notice.  Let's do this!

With thanks to....
the Gertrude Hotel for their $14 steaks on Mondays
the First Floor for $10 jugs of Carlton
the blue-haired teenager who let us in to Melbourne Zoo for a family rate
the magician

I may have got a bit over-excited at discovering how to link to websites.  It's the little things.

Word to ya motha.

Comments

Popular Posts