Best Supporter in the World

For my birthday treat I was allowed to kidnap DBN for the day to give him a taste of competitive cricket.
From Dec Melbourne Activities
Off to the world-famous MCG we went, to take in the highly anticipated top of the table Ford Ranger Cup clash between his Victoria and my Queensland (picked at random).  This one definitely needed an early start.  We got there slightly late so had to wait our turn for tickets.
From Dec Melbourne Activities

We fought the crowds to get ourselves some plum seats, and squeezed in on the end of a row right down the front.
From Dec Melbourne Activities
And boy did we pick a good day for it. Clear skies and the sun shining, and as you've probably realised by now, we virtually had the ground to ourselves.
From Dec Melbourne Activities
There weren't a host of household names on show, but Cameron White and Brad Hodge were names familiar to me, end we enjoyed a pulsating encounter, Queensland running out victorious,i.e.  I won. The pie and chips weren't bad either. Of course DBN wasn't happy with any old regular seats, and as soon as I took my eye of him he was off to what he called his 'VIP' seats.
From Dec Melbourne Activities
Events in later days have made me realise I shouldn't have been too surprised by this disregard for rules and regulations. We were also thoroughly entertained by the fan who appeared to have come along with the sole purpose of spending the afternoon of barracking a Queensland outfielder. A late addition to the Susie's. I've rarely seen such persistance and dedication, and his delight when after 4 hours of constant abuse, the fielder finally flicked him the bird, is something I'll always regret not having captured on film.  Although I did get a little pictorial evidence of the groundwork.
From Dec Melbourne Activities

Comments

  1. so the heckler looks like he's wearing some protective headgear? or is that headgear for corrective dental measures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sup JTM! or is it his sunglasses on the top of his head?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts