Best sleep. Up before others so got stuff sorted so I could watch the tdf. I did manage to leave the car unlocked with door open right where i'd left the ipods for about 2 hours. I suddenly had a feeling I hadn't locked it and went down and I was right. Didn't mention it to the others.
Mountain biking in breckenridge today. Same problem with bikes but we tracked some down. Full suspension real deal man. Hoff's was worth 3300. Ours just 1800. We'd picked an 'easy' offroad ride from the guide. I was in a whole world of trouble very early into the ride. I think only hoff wasn't exhausted by the climb. Cool at the top. Disused mine (sallie barber - 9.5 miles and about 1000ft elevation) perched on a ridge right at the top with the obligatory fantastic views. And then downhill all the way along a jeep trail to start with, narrowing to a single trail. Awesome fun, and also a killer on the hands and legs. Have to give hoff his due for leading us down in a much improved performance. Though I'm still holding a grudge that he didn't get a picture of me going down the steps. No damage to anything this time, so I think we have to say it was an unqualifed success.

Exhausted and starving (well me anyway), we made our way to jalapeƱo - a Mexican place the bike guy had recommended. Couldn't resist a few shops along the way. Breckenridge is a really really nice place. The Mexican was great, we got 2.5 hrs of proper mountain biking in, we all got som shopping done, so were kind of sad to be leaving so soon. Except Hoff's stomach that is, but that's his own fault for ordering the diablo salsa.

Now driving to arrowhead campsite in buena vista for our last night's camping. Rafting tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts