I'm Alfie

For once it was Lea Chai having to wake me up from some serious nappage at midday on our first day. It's either jet lag or excess consumption of complimentary prosseco at the hotel breakfast. 




Drunken bravado at 9am. I think I made my point and won that argument. In the end I did get down from there you stupid boy. 

This place is something, and it's great to see this coastline so soon after having seen the US coastline. Both incredibly beautiful but completely contrasting. From big spaces, big cars, big trees, big wooden buildings and lots of neon to narrow roads, fiat puntos, stone buildings, medieval churches and almost no neon. Perhaps none. 

Once I did get up though, we did pretty well.  That might be linked to my discovery that expresso's are to be had for 80 cents. Is that right for a Euro? Well 0.8 euros anyway. 

We roamed Amalfi and then bussed to Ravello, followed by a hike to the erm, can't remember, let me find the photo


That's it. Tower where the duchess and her kids were held and murdered many moons ago. The locals rarely visit as it's believed to be haunted due to the evility that took place there. Although we think it's more likely due to being a 2 hour walk. 

Worth it though. At least once. 



We're just deciding what to do next. 



Comments

Popular Posts