Welcome to the jungle

So after losing a stare-down with a fish (some water got in my mask), it got even worse when I got in big trouble with LC for not arranging some matching outfits for us. 


(Their faces have been hidden in order to protect their dignity). 

But it was up early (see sunrise shot) for the boat journey back to Sandakan on the mainland. 


Very bumpy, but LC managed to catch a few zzz's. Annoyingly I don't have a photo of this sleep as I was more concerned about taking measures to prevent further burning in the absence of a hat.  I have heard back about from Malaysian Airlines by the way and unfortunately no hats were left on that flight. For some reason the chap cc'd a number of colleagues on his reply. I hope I've not become the butt of some joke. 


Maybe I should send him this picture and then we'll see who's laughing?!  Although I do find a damp t-shirt effective on multiple levels. 

1. It covers the vulnerable patch
2. The dampness is most refreshing for the already damaged skin
3. You dry out the t-shirt so it's ready for use on arrival at your destination

Since arriving in the jungle by way of another boat journey (now staying near the Abai village) we've done a couple of cruises along the Kinabatangan river and had a jungle night walk rained off. 


We've seen all kinds of wild things, including but not limited to number 1 and number 4a.  We have so many photos for anyone that wants to come and see us for a proper slideshow!  Proboscis monkeys and orangutans feature heavily. 



We've also become the most hated people on the tour for being late to the early morning river trip. 15 minutes. That's not too bad right? Especially as we woke up at 6:39 and were actually there at 6:43.  I was too scared to even say sorry cos of the bad looks I got. Sucks, they could have had an extra 15 minutes in bed.  Here's a picture of a real monkey. Classic slideshow material. 





Comments

Popular Posts